BIOLASE is revolutionizing surgery in dentistry and medicine with WaterLase technology. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and marketing of lasers and related products to provide biological treatments that eliminate pain and are safer for patients. BIOLASE leads the global dental industry with our flagship, best-selling laser systems such as the WaterLase iPlus™ and WaterLase MDX™, which both feature novel, patented laser technologies designed by BIOLASE's R&D and clinical teams to perform dental and medical surgery, while dramatically reducing pain and improving clinical results.
Our newest addition to our product lineup is the EPIC™ Total Diode Solution, which is loaded with one BIOLASE exclusive feature after another, including Laser Whitening and Pain Therapy. Our popular diode laser lineup is rounded out by the iLase™ Personal Diode Laser, the world's first totally wireless handheld dental laser which is easily portable for dentists and hygienists. We also just entered the veterinary realm with the EPIC V™ Series, the only animal laser capable of delivering peak power and portability to handle dental soft tissue, surgery and pain therapy.
Our vision for Biological Dentistry™ goes beyond lasers. With the rising popularity and clinical necessity of 3D imaging within dentistry, BIOLASE is at the forefront of these trends. Recently, BIOLASE was named the exclusive North American distributor for NewTom™ 3D Cone Beam imaging systems, which are considered among the world's best for dentistry and medicine. Recently, we entered an agreement to distribute 3Shape TRIOS™, a groundbreaking digital intraoral scanner to capture fully digital, 3D impressions, an important step in millions of restorative procedures performed each year.
Other products currently under development include further innovation in dental laser implementation, and future projects are addressing the booming markets of ophthalmology, dermatology, orthopedics, podiatry, and other medical and consumer markets.
BIOLASE Awards & Recognition
With an in-house design and engineering team that is second to none, BIOLASE has been at the forefront of awards and recognition within the dental profession and among medical device manufacturers as well. Our awards speak to our meticulous attention to detail, and our passionate pursuit for excellence from designing breakthrough technologies for dental professionals, down to delivering incredible dental experiences
- #1 in Dental Lasers – We believe we are the leading dental laser manufacturer and distributor in the world, with more than 23,000 dental lasers installed worldwide since 1998, including over 9,800 WaterLase systems in over 70 countries.
- #1 in Dental Laser Education – We are a founding sponsor of the World Clinical Laser & Imaging Institute, with more than 12,000 members worldwide and a full schedule of training events, symposiums, and other educational resources for laser dentists around the globe.
- #1 Manufacturer of Lasers in the USA – Our products are exclusively designed and manufactured in Irvine, California, with nearly 100% of our components and sub-assemblies sourced from within our borders.
- All manufacturing, clinical R&D, customer service, and administrative functions are conducted from our 57,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility located in Irvine, California, which can accommodate growth up to $250 million in revenue.
- Over 200 employees worldwide with facilities in Germany and India as well as key emerging markets in China and Brazil.
Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act
Effective August 1, 2013, BIOLASE is required to operate under full compliance of Section 6002 (the "Sunshine Act") of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act ("Affordable Care Act"), which requires all medical device manufacturers to report to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services regarding any "transfers of value" to covered recipients, which include customers or prospective customers of BIOLASE, that may occur within a calendar year. These transfers of value may include gifts, meals, or travel, as well as financial compensation of any kind.
The Secretary of the Department of Health & Human Services will make the reported information available through a searchable web site beginning in 2014. To read the final ruling of the Affordable Care Act in its entirety, you may visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services web site and to read the final ruling on implementation of the Sunshine Act you may visit http://federalregister.gov/a/2013-02572.