Avoids the stress of drills and needles
|Increases case acceptance|
|Reduces stress and fear of going to dentist||Attracts new patients|
|Minimally invasive||Expands capabilities and procedures|
Fewer dental visits, less time in dental chair
|Multi-quadrant procedures in one visit|
Return to daily routine faster after treatment
|Best return on technology investment|
|Less chance of drug interactions||
Easy to learn and own
|Less risk of cross-contamination||Simple to incorporate into practice|
Fear and anxiety, whether mild or severe, is real and for many people can be a barrier to seeking dental treatment. Studies show that as many as 75% of adults in the U.S. experience some degree of dental fear.(1, 2, 3) Drills, needles and numb lips can prevent people from taking a positive, proactive approach to oral health.
A study published by the Roger Levin Group indicates that the Waterlase MD Turbo helps attract new patients and increase treatment acceptance of day-to-day restorative cases that can cover the cost of a laser by providing an alternative to drills with injections, for patients who are anxious or fearful.(4)
By reducing the need for anesthetic, multi-quadrant restorations that once entailed multiple appointments can now be completed in a single visit. And, because a Waterlase MD Turbo allows you to handle a wider variety of procedures, there is less need to refer patients out for treatment, eliminating another source of anxiety for patients.
With its exceptional versatility, the MD Turbo can quickly pay for itself. By enabling new capabilities such as multi-quadrant dentistry, the MD Turbo brings additional revenue to the practice while reducing the number of patients referred out.
Many procedures can also be performed without anesthetic, so dentists and clinicians spend less time waiting to begin working. And of course, any device that reduces the need for anesthetic is also reducing pain and discomfort, something highly attractive to new patients.
The Waterlase MD Turbo’s unique, patented combination of a YSGG laser and water spray delivers breakthrough cutting speeds. How fast? Clinicians experience no noticeable difference in speed compared to conventional high-speed drills.
The MD Turbo can perform minimally invasive Class II MO/DO cavity preps in just 30 to 60 seconds. It even excels at cutting osseous tissue and it cuts soft tissue faster and with less trauma than soft tissue lasers.
1. Kleinknecht RA, Thorndike RM, McGlynn FD, Harkavy J (January 1984). “Factor analysis of the dental fear survey with cross-validation”. J Am Dent Assoc 108 (1): 59–61. PMID 6582116.
2. Getka EJ, Glass CR (Summer 1992). “Behavioral and cognitive-behavioral approaches to the reduction of dental anxiety”. Behavior Therapy 23 (3): 433–48. doi:10.1016/S0005-7894(05)80168-6.
3. Milgrom P, Weinstein P, Getz T (1995). Treating Fearful Dental Patients: A Patient Management Handbook (2nd ed.). Seattle, Wash.: University of Washington, Continuing Dental Education. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0528.1996.tb00893.x. ISBN 1880291010.
4. Levin, Roger P, (2010) “Surprising Trends in Laser Usage”, Dental Economics, 100 (3), 86-89,98.
5. Big Idea Group, Unpublished consumer research: "Waterlase Consumer Insight", Oct. 2009.
ROLL OVER IMAGE TO LEARN ABOUT WATERLASE
|Waterlase MD Turbo™|
|Wavelength||Er;Cr:YSGG, 2780 nm|
|Power||0.1 to 8.0 W|
|Pulse Repetition Rates||10-50 Hz Clinician Selectable|
|Pulse Energy||0-300 mJ|
|Pulse Duration||60 & 700 µsec|
|Operating Voltage||100-230 VAC|
|Dimensions||10.5 x 19 x 32 in (27 x 48 x 91 cm)|
|Weight||75lbs (34 kg)|