Learn how to replace the Protective Window in your SureFire YSGG Delivery System!
SureFire™ Protective Windows are used in conjunction with SureFire YSGG Delivery System. A SureFire Fiber ships with a pre-installed protective window, and two (2) replacement windows. Protective Window Kit is available for re-order (PN 7200114).
Step 1: Getting Started
- Purge the Fiber and Handpiece of any residual water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Remove the Handpiece.
Step 2: Remove the Protective Window
- Use a small pin, such as a paper clip, to push the tab of the Protective Window mounted into the metal housing located at the distal end of the Fiber.
- Gently pull the loosened Protective Window from the distal end of the Trunk Fiber.
Step 3: Insert the New Protective Window
- Insert the replacement Protective Window by aligning the tab of the Protective Window to the rectangular opening of the metal bearing and gently insert into place.
- The tab of the Protective Window should snap into the rectangular opening.
Step 4: Wrapping Up
- Discard the burned/damaged Protective Window into a normal disposal bin.
- Re-attach the Handpiece on the distal end of the Trunk Fiber.
- Prime the laser before use.
Given the ever-evolving nature of the dental industry, there are always new trends on the horizon. Some of these trends are cosmetic dentistry, minimally invasive dentistry, and dental implants. Lasers play an integral role in all these areas and how clinicians can provide a higher standard of care for patients. Read the latest clinical articles published by highly respected researches and educators in laser dentistry.
Every issue of The Pulse will feature a new Tip &Trick for WaterLase or EPIC branded dental lasers. If there is a specific tip and/or trick that you would like to see featured, please let us know at email@example.com